Friday, April 27, 2012

Change is inevitable ...

Whether its good or bad changes, they will happen and you do have to deal with them. What matters most is HOW you deal with them.
My life has been one big change after another. My mother once told me that drama circled me and that I should write a book because it would be very entertaining for some people. What I didn't know and I doubt she knew either was how the older I got, the drama was no longer funny nor was it welcome.
At 32, I have lived through more life changing and altering events than your average 50 year old, some people would say that those events were coincidental, I say that God chose that drama to shape me into the person I am today. I'm still being molded! I still have many why questions and I still don't agree with many things that happened, but who I am now is because of what I had to go through.
Today I know who I am, where I came from and where I want to be. Today I know what it is liked to have lost my best friend, mother and father as well as making a decision based on a dream and not listening to logic. Today I know the hurt that went with that dream, but I also know the lessons I had to learn through that dream, that I am the person I am today. Today I know how it feels to be truly and honestly loved by a person I can truly call my soulmate and better half.
Drama is part of my life, but today I know love through 5 dramatic voices who all call me "mom" or step"mom", and that drama I wouldn't change for the world.
Today, I know what it is like to stand on my own two feet, I know the good sides and bad sides to my own two feet and I also know how being lifted up can relieve even just one toe :).
Today, j know that all things are possible through Christ and that without Faith, where is hope?
Change is inevitable, drama is not only addictive but also leachy, love is powerful, dreams are dangerous, knowledge is powerful and hope is faith which is everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment